Customer Support Agent (EU Timezone) - Hong Kong/Remote
EverMarkets (EMX) is a crypto-based derivatives exchange that anticipates launching in Q1 2019, listing global commodity, equity, and crypto futures markets. Our mission is to enable fair, transparent and stable access to global futures markets. Our senior leadership is made up of industry experts from CME, BitMEX, ICE, NYMEX, Citigroup, BNP Paribas, AQR, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple and other top tier firms.
EverMarkets is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, with regional offices in Chicago, New York City, and Hong Kong.
As EMX is an Exchange in launch mode, this job is a hybrid of two specific roles: Customer Success and Community Manager. As such, the candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- Develop and nurture relationships with traders on the EMX platform using Zendesk
- Liaise with potential users throughout the onboarding process
- Educate traders on Reddit to use EMX to reduce our incoming support enquiries
- Assist traders in solving issues with the API
- Monitor the EMX Telegram, Twitter, Reddit and other channels as required
- Work closely with various internal departments where necessary to learn new and existing workflows
- Assist in updating and improving FAQ and other documents
As a member of the team reporting to the Head of Asian Operations, you will be responsible for customer enquiries within the Europe region as well as developing a close relationship with retail traders. This role will include staying abreast of market trends, running ticket analysis and escalating potential risks to the management team. You will be directly involved in EMX’s Customer support effort and be responsible for mitigating operational risk.
- Oversee day-to-day Customer Support operations of EMX’s Europe/Asia region
- Responsible for achieving individual and team support targets
- Willing to learn the EMX trading platform in full detail and deliver trading demonstrations
- Network and educate trading groups, crypto enthusiasts, and ICO communities to consider EMX as a preferred platform of choice
- Integrate into the local crypto and finance communities to raise the profile of EMX
- Potentially represent EMX at conferences
- Implement community engagement activities across media channels (YouTube, Telegram, Reddit, Twitter, newsletter, website)
- Attend periodic global Customer Support meetings
- Business proficient French/German/Spanish/Vietnamese/Malaysian/Indonesian/Arabic language and writing skills with strong verbal and written English ability.
- Active crypto trading knowledge; with some futures trading experience preferred
- 1+ years experience in a customer facing role within the financial services ecosystem
- Experience using Zendesk, Freshdesk, Hubspot, SFC or other similar CRM systems
- Understanding of at least one or more; futures markets, financial exchanges, exchange technology, and cryptocurrencies
- Firm grasp of the incumbent exchanges, their value propositions, and how they operate
- Outgoing and charismatic personality