Country Manager (China) - Hong Kong/Remote
EverMarkets (EMX) is a crypto-based derivatives exchange that anticipates launching in Q1 2019, listing global commodity, equity, and crypto futures markets. Our mission is to enable fair, transparent and stable access to global futures markets. Our senior leadership is made up of industry experts from CME, BitMEX, ICE, NYMEX, Citigroup, BNP Paribas, AQR, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple and other top tier firms. EverMarkets is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, with regional offices in Chicago, New York City, and Hong Kong.
As EMX is an Exchange currently in launch mode. This job is a hybrid of several departments: Business Development, Customer Success, Community Manager and Marketing created to support the initial days of the Exchange. As such, the candidate will be expected to be versatile in his/her approach to the following:
- Multitask to deliver solutions for traders and partnerships in the Chinese market
- Develop and nurture relationships with traders on the EMX platform
- Assist in identifying communicating the EMX message to qualified traders in the Chinese market
- Source and educate traders to use EMX to achieve our liquidity/volume targets
- Identify revenue generating opportunities specific to the Chinese market
- Aid in translating and conveying our global marketing messages to local communities
- Advise the Head of Asian Operations, VP of Marketing, & Head of Business Development in the direction of EMX’s growth in the country
EMX envisions that this role will expand over time as we add traders in the Chinese market and on the platform, and will evolve as the company grows. This role is intended to be a solid stepping stone to specific regional Marketing, Business Development and Customer Success positions for those that are interested in playing a hands on role in building a company and concentrating skills in one vocation.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Chinese Market
- Responsible for achieving regional revenue/liquidity targets
- Adhere to the Business Development process (using HubSpot)
- Implement and support the EMX Customer Success efforts
- Willingness to learn the EMX trading platform in full detail and deliver trading demonstrations.
- Establish oneself as the primary point of contact in the Chinese Market; network and educate trading groups, crypto enthusiasts, and ICO communities to consider EMX as a preferred platform of choice Integrate into the local crypto and finance communities to raise the profile of EMX
- Liaise with local partners and regulators to introduce potential business opportunities to EMX
- Represent EMX at conferences and hold meetings and meet-ups with potential customers, market makers, and current/potential token sale participants
- Implement community engagement activities across media channels (YouTube, Telegram, Reddit, Twitter, newsletter, website) in conjunction with the Head of Marketing
- Functioning member of the Business Development drive towards liquidity on day one and beyond.
As a member of the team reporting to the Head of Asian Operations, you will be responsible for customer enquiries within the Asia region as well as developing a close relationship with large traders, funds and institutional investors. This role will include staying abreast of market trends, running competitive analysis and escalating potential risks to the management team. You will be directly involved in EMX’s Asia business development effort and be responsible for driving growth and exchange liquidity within the region.
- Strong verbal and written English skills along with business proficient Chinese required.
- Active crypto trader; futures trading experience preferred
- 3+ years experience in a customer facing role within the financial services ecosystem
- Experience using Zendesk, Freshdesk, Hubspot, SFC or other similar CRM systems
- Strong professional network within the crypto and/or financial community and a broad understanding of the trading community’s needs and requirements
- Understanding of at least one or more; futures markets, financial exchanges, exchange technology, and cryptocurrencies
- Firm grasp of the incumbent exchanges, their value propositions, and how they operate
- Outgoing and charismatic personality