Content Writer (Freelance) - New York, NY / Remote
EMX is revolutionizing the financial ecosystem. The global derivatives market is a $1,200 trillion industry, in dire need of disruption and innovation. At EMX, we believe everyone should be able to trade the global derivatives markets, without the barriers of geography, technology and privilege. Our mission is to create a financial system that is open, fair and accessible to everyone in the world. We want to give anyone, anywhere the ability to trade anything, and the advent of cryptocurrency makes this possible.
Founded in 2017, EMX is an early-stage fintech startup backed by top investors around the world, including #Hashed and Bain Capital Ventures. The team is comprised of veterans from CME Group, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, BitMEX, Intercontinental Exchange, and Akuna Capital. But we’re only getting started–and we need the best people.
We are seeking a freelance Content Writer to write and edit articles for EMX’s Market Research and Trading Education websites. This position will report to the VP of Growth, and will be responsible for writing 2 educational articles per week, which include investment ideas, market analysis, and futures trading education.
The ideal candidate will be a trader with strong knowledge of both cryptocurrency and the derivatives markets, and a native English speaker with extraordinary written communication and research skills. This is a tremendous opportunity to work with an experienced and talented team, helping to shape and execute a global digital and social campaign.
Keep abreast of developments, news and trending topics in both the cryptocurrency and traditional markets
Conduct research on competitive keywords and market movements to help conceptualize relevant blog posts
Write and proofread blog posts, emails, press releases and educational articles in a CMS
- 2+ years of content editing and copywriting experience
- A portfolio of work demonstrating financial literacy in written work
- Strong knowledge of investing products, including derivatives, cryptocurrency, and commodities
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of search-engine optimization (SEO) and how to utilize keywords in body and headline text
- Meticulous attention to detail, with impeccable grammar and spelling
- Ability to communicate complex investment concepts in writing
- Exceptional research and analytical skills