Account Manager (Japan) - Hong Kong / Tokyo / Remote
EMX is revolutionizing the financial ecosystem. The global derivatives market is a $1,200 trillion industry, in dire need of disruption and innovation. At EMX, we believe everyone should be able to trade the global derivatives markets, without the barriers of geography, technology and privilege. Our mission is to create a financial system that is open, fair and accessible to everyone in the world. We want to give anyone, anywhere the ability to trade anything, and the advent of cryptocurrency makes this possible.
Founded in 2017, EMX is an early-stage fintech startup backed by top investors around the world, including #Hashed and Bain Capital Ventures. The team is comprised of veterans from CME Group, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, BitMEX, Intercontinental Exchange, and Akuna Capital. But we’re only getting started–and we need the best people.
We are seeking a highly motivated, competent, and proactive Account Manager to acquire and develop long-term relationships with clients and customers in South Korea. This position will report to the VP of Growth, and will be an integral part of a cross-functional team of Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience.
The Account Manager oversees a portfolio of assigned key clients, develops new business from both new and existing clients, and seeks partnerships to help EMX grow. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for problem-solving and relationship building, strong knowledge of cryptocurrency and the derivatives markets, as well as extraordinary communication skills that quickly establish trust and rapport.
- Identify and acquire prospective clients and customers in Asia
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly volume goals
- Serve as a trusted primary point of contact for client onboarding, inquiries, issues and escalations
- Act as a domain expert for EMX; learn and thoroughly understand the EMX trading platform, and both current and future service offerings
- Respond to customer queries in a timely manner, on official company channels: Telegram, Email, Zendesk, Slack, etc
- Enhance EMX’s reputation by owning client requests and providing the best client experience in the financial services industry
- Report regularly on client issues, recommendations, feedback, and trading activity, to improve product and business development
- Organize and attend industry events, and act as an outward-facing ambassador of EMX’s mission, brand and products
- Create presentations and sales materials to share with prospective clients
- Distribute localized marketing materials to relevant bloggers and media in Japan
- Fluent in English and Japanese at a professional level
- 3+ years of experience in sales, account management, customer support or similar client-facing role in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Previous experience and/or strong interest in outbound sales and prospecting
- Strong knowledge of the cryptocurrency derivatives trading space
- Superior ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Experience managing accounts and high-value clients, with a track record of building strong relationships
- Excellent analytical abilities to assess partnerships in terms of financial, strategic and operational implications
- Extreme respect for security and privacy
- Self-motivated, assertive, and proactive
- Flexible, able to both acquire new customers and also manage existing partnerships by providing a high level of customer service including timely responses to inbound inquiries
- Accountable with a strong sense of ownership and integrity
- Motivated by EMX’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic tech company
- Previous experience working in a start-up
- Strong ties to local VC and investor community, and derivatives trading community
- Proficiency in CRM tools and processes, e.g. Zendesk, Hubspot